Saturday, June 28, 2008

14th day... back to Nom Tamleung village

Yep that's right, as the title of this entry suggests, Pa and I went to Nom Tamleung village today to visit the kids again, alongside Kundam and Oon (the younger boy who followed us to the same place last week). Before that, we went to visit the elderly couple who reared chickens, alongside a fellow Christian who owned a van.


For once I can see that some of the boys were rather greedy... they already got chocolates and yet they want more. Despite lack of visuals (cos Loong and the cute girl didn't accompany us), Dad and Oon came up with a very interesting game... "Samson, Lion, Delilah" (based on the story of Samson in the Book of Judges). This game is very similar to "Scissors Paper Stone"... in this version, Samson triumhs over the Lion (he possesses superhuman strength), the Lion triumphs over Delilah (obviously the feminine Delilah is no match for a mighty beast), and Delilah triumphs over Samson (she was the one who convinced Samson to tell her the secret behind his strength, and that caused his downfall). Team A (with mostly boys) beat Team B 5 points to 4.


Besides taking picture of the kids in 'action', I also took pics of the younger kids playing with toy vehicles near the school.


Oh yes, there's this xiao mei mei (abt 5 yrs old) among the younger batch of kids, whom I find extremely adorable... upon closer look, she reminded me of Avril as well as Rachel. I couldn't resist pinching her cheeks... lucky her mum (who's rather young) didn't see, otherwise I would be in trouble. But she's really cuuuuuuute, don't you think? This gal really lives up to the quote "PINCH YEEEEEE!!!" :-p
Animal wise, I did see the ducks, the skinny chickens and the dogs (some being rather unwelcoming), but no sign of that huge rat; I later learnt from one of the boys that it got slaughtered (no surprise). I did see a very fat frog near the fish pond, but it disappeared before I could even snap a picture of it. I think that frog's time will be up before next Saturday, given its grotesque condition. All I can say is that Mr Froggy's torso was as huge as a tennis ball. :-(

We then went to visit the elderly man in the hut at the other side of the village... he seems to be getting a little better, though quite weak. After that, we went to the nearby drink stall for refreshment, then we ended off with Doxology and then the 4 of us left the place at abt 2 pm. While Dad left for the airport to fetch 4 other guys, I stayed behind to slack. I am so not looking forward to the 3D/2N stay in the Khorat mountains which begins tomorrow... :-(

No comments: