Friday, June 20, 2008

6th day... walk around a pasar malam

6th day, 20th June (last day of the Gemini Star)
Happy Birthday to Sargunan, Yongda, Huiqi

Initially Pa thought about going back to that university for more evangelising, but changed his mind. As for me, I lost some sleep due to stomach cramps, and ended up waking up at 8.45 am. We tried to send the laundry for washing, but it seems that nobody's at home, could be that Manorr had gone to Bangkok.

Nevertheless, we fetched Kundam from his place, and we went to Tesco Lotus for lunch. I went to the bookshop there to read through some comics, one of them being on the story of King Bhumibol, with vivid illustrations on the spirit of Death taking away the souls of Bhumibol's father Prince Mahidol and older brother Ananda (who died at only 20 yrs of age in 1946). More shopping there and I felt the urge to answer nature's call again. Before we left Tesco, I seized the opportunity to buy a certain Super Sentai VCD.

After we dropped Kundam back at his house, Pa and I headed back home for a rest. At abt 5 pm, we went to some pasar malam region and looked around the place. Lots of pirated DVDs and VCDs there, discs for recent movies like "Indiana Jones 4", "Narnia 2: Prince Caspian", "Iron Man", "The Incredible Hulk", and so on. Owing to the lousy sound system and crappy visuals, I decided not to buy the Hulk DVD, I would rather wait for the original DVD to come out later. While Dad headed for cell meeting, I stayed put at home to watch a few more Christian VCDs. The 25th Anniversary Super Sentai VCD was quite a disappointment, not quite what I expected. I thought that teamwork among all 25 Red Rangers would work out the best.

Oh, and today is Cousin Charlie's wedding (the one that me and Pa planned to go for). My heartiest congrats to him. I don't think Uncle Chad is still too pleased about it though.

No comments: