Monday, June 16, 2008

Greetings from the Land of Siam

Hello there, I am in Thailand now. From now til mid July, I will be blogging about my experiences in Thailand here, and I will update my primary blog about once or twice a week. :-)

The flight journey from Changi to Novotel was quite smooth-sailing, and I had a really tough time taking pictures of the scenery outside. Wanna know why??? Cos I sat the row directly next to the wing!! DOOOOHHHHHH!!!! :-O

Anyway, everyone got off the plane and took a suttle bus to the customs lounge. Yes, the airport has changed a lot. I went to collect my belongings from the baggage region, and went out to meet Dad and uncle Paul. I had rather early dinner there, and then Dad n me took a really loooooong car ride from Bangkok to Chonburi. We headed to Big C to buy some stuff, and then headed back to the house where Dad lived.

I would say that the house was quite well-off, save for the dangerous flight of stairs and the lack of flush mechanisms in the bathrooms (!!!). After I watched "Jesus According to the Gospel of Luke" VCD, I went for a Bible study session with Dad, then headed off to sleep at 12.30 am (Singapore time). That was roughly how my first day in Thailand went... stay tuned for pics ;-)

Oh, and I found out the results for "U Are The One"... Yuan Shuai won the overall championship. Quite expected one. And Germaine was female champion over Shiqian??? Now that was quite an eye-opener. Thank goodness Liang Yi did not win at all. And also thank goodness I chose not to go watch the finals, for a few reasons:
- Cos I am already in Thailand (most obvious);
- cos my main fave contestants got kicked out (namely Qiuting and Jia Xi);
- cos the event ends so late (at 10 pm);
- if I were to see Miss Tan's hot leggy sister at the reception again, I might turn into Venom and give her CNLG.
- cos that detestable fella known as MKP was there. 'Nuff said.

No comments: