Monday, June 23, 2008

8th day... entering a new church

Happy Birthday to Xiaowei and James Boo
Sunday, 22nd June

Firstly in the morning, me and Pa went to a First United Methodist Church for worship. The service was indeed quite long from 0930 to 1300 hrs... a long worship session followed by sermon and ending off with Bible Study (and lunch was provided right after that). Though I didn't understand Thai, I did take down certain verses like Isaiah 6:1-13, John 4:35, Acts 6:7, Acts 11:19-30, Acts 13:1-3, Romans 8:1, 2nd Corinthians 4:1 and Galatians 6:2-8. The kids whom we saw in the village were present... including the scrawny gal who reminds me too much of Jerena. The kids then boarded the song taew which took them back to the village where they reside in.


Then me and Dad had lunch at Tesco Lotus, followed by more shopping... I managed to buy a Jumper VCD before we left. Rest time for 2 hours and then we took a long walk to another part of the neighborhood which I had never been to before. Firstly, we watched some people play with motorized airplane models via remote controls in the open space.


And then we went around some swampy area... now I know roughly what Master Yoda went through during his 23-year exile in Dagobah. Pictures of the swamp can be found in next entry... there are just too many to be uploaded here! :-S

No comments: