Saturday, July 5, 2008

21st day... third visit in Nom Tamleung village (prob the last one?)

Saturday, 5th July

Despite lack of manpower, the ministry went quite well. But then it left me a little jaded...


Firstly, Kundam and Pa went to visit the Chicken farmer couple, while I took pictures of some village chickens.


Then we went to the village to start lesson. The verses shared for the day were Luke 4 and Luke 8, something to do with Jesus healing demon-possessed people. Yet the most unexpected time was when I experienced a David-vs-Goliath kind of scenario... during a game, a young boy (not part of the ministry) hit me below the belt, and it really hurt!! For a boy of 5 years of age, that kind of punch is rather strong; any harder and I can forget about Father's Day liao. But I didn't hold it against the boy at all, I know he's just playful. Still I gotta admit that he has the makings of a future Muay Thai fighter. I felt quite bad that he cried soon after that and got teased by the other boys, reminds me too much of... myself. But thank God the boy calmed down soon after.



Ha, I saw the xiao meimei again, the girl who looks a bit like Avril.




Well anyway, we had fried rice for lunch, but I wasn't too keen on finishing the food; I threw some of it along the tracks for the skinny chickens and the black-faced dog to eat. This is evidence that the Rooster and Dog of the Chinese Zodiac can live in unity. :-)


We ended off the day with some songs of praise. I took pictures with some of the kids as memento.


Before leaving, I took pic of a cat at a drink stall not far from the village.

2 comments:

QiuQiu said...

Hey hey! Do you have an email address that i can get to you?!

TaNaT DaMaN said...

Hey sweetie!! Nice to hear from you in this blog. You can email me at anakyn_rulz@yahoo.com, which I am mostly using. I will be returning to Xin Jia Po this coming Saturday night... ;-)