Monday, July 7, 2008

23rd day... the simplicity of life

Happy Birthday to Zahirah

Not much was done today... sent clothes for washing, refilled abt 10 water bottles, lunch at a Western/Thai cuisine restaurant and dinner at home. And the political unrest in Bangkok regarding Thaksin's ever-increasing power isn't getting any better... still, I gotta admit that the opposition party are rather bold for holding mini-concerts and setting up a 24/7 website to express their disapproval towards Thaksin's actions.

I know I missed out on a huge event at Sentosa which was held on Saturday (involving most of my main faves), but I'm not the kind of person who would whine and complain abt missing out on such stuff; after all, I know there's more events in the near future. I now realized the true purpose of going overseas... to take a well-deserved break on stuff such as these (i.e. chasing celebs). That I should learn to appreciate the natural things in life such as the mountains and beautiful scenery (never mind if the weather can be unbearable sometimes)... that life is not just about chasing stars, collecting figurines, snapping pictures or even blogging. Most importantly, we should give thanks to God Almighty who created this world, and remember how He showed His love for all of us by sacrificing His Son Jesus. Hence I put up a verse which IMO best describes this theory:

1 John 2:15-17
Do not love the world or the things of the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him. For all that is in the world, sensual lust, enticement for the eyes, and the pride of life, is not from the Father but is from the world. Yet the world and its enticement are passing away. But whoever does the will of God remains forever.

No comments: