Friday, July 4, 2008

Stop and think before you judge me

Happy Birthday to Princess Chulabhorn, Jacky Cheung and Stanley

This entry may not have any direct link to my 4-week stay in Thailand whatsoever, but this is something I really need to get off my chest... right here, RIGHT NOW.

If there's one thing I seriously don't like, it's being misunderstood. Not just by anyone, but MY OWN MOTHER. Please for the last time, STOP jumping to conclusions that I 'don't care about other people and only for myself'!! I DO care about others, and I am NOT the self-centered kind!! I know I'm not perfect, I know I have my faults and weaknesses (doesn't everyone?), and I AM really trying to be more tolerant and more patient, and also take others' feelings into consideration. I am already trying very hard to prevent myself from wallowing into self-pity, doing all I can to stop remembering the bad memories, mostly on events that happened within this year. If I were unable to get over the bad patches in my life (esp the ones in secondary school days), I would have had a lot of scars on my wrists right now. But you know I am not into wrist-cutting or other suicidal acts.

And another thing I wanna bring up here: although there are a few people (less than 10 in fact) who have offended me greatly, I am doing my very best to forgive them of their debts and to prevent myself from harboring thoughts of revenge (remember The Lord's Prayer?). I want to remain as happy as I can be, not a bitter or cold-hearted type of person that some have mistaken me to be in the past. It's not as if I'm gonna become a murderer or a robber or a drug addict or something. Certainly you should know better than that.

So please Mother, if you're ever reading this, I wanna tell you sincerely that I appreciate all that advice you've given to me, but right now I just need to be left alone so I can sort things out by myself. And PLEASE for the love of God, STOP BRINGING UP THE BAD PATCHES AND LET BYGONES BE BYGONES.

As for the rest of you out there, if anyone of you think I am simply talking nonsense, this is all I have to say: Think about it, discuss it and give your verdict.

No comments: